Monday, October 3, 2011

Lana Del Rey


I found Lana Del Rey about a week ago (but she wasn't lost) and I haven't been able to stop listening to her music. It's very noir-ish and loungey... and yeah, I'm making up words because I can't describe how good she is, but she's hella addictive. I think I've listened to 'Video Games' about 50 times now. And 'Diet Mtn Dew', and 'You Can Be The Boss'... Not that I'm obsessive or anything. If you haven't heard of her, go youtube her now and remember to thank me.



The drawing doesn't do her justice, but standing alone, if you didn't know it was her, this is a good picture. I'm not sure if I prefer the watercolour or the photoshopped pic best though. I think the picture above makes her look a bit moody? And her eyes make her look like an insect. I really need to be more of a glass half full person, hey. I do like it though...

To the people who regularly check this blog (I think there's about three of you, but whatever) you've probably noticed I'm getting later with putting drawings up. I have a good excuse though! I got a job, a proper one with my own desk and shit, so I haven't had the amount of spare time I used to have to sit down and draw. But I won't give up, you guys. Instead of drawing week by week, I'm going to aim to upload drawings monthly, one or two depending how much time I have and how much I care. I knew you'd understand.

See you soon, I don't know when.

No comments:

Post a Comment