Sunday, August 14, 2011

Geena Davis


Beteleguese! Beteleguese! Beteleguese!



I saw Beetlejuice on tv a couple of weeks ago (I think it's been on three times this year so far) and it inspired me to draw Geena Davis. I thought she'd be fun; she's got an amazing face and knows how to use it. Some of the expressions she has in that film are priceless. Go watch it if you haven't seen it yet. It'll probably be on tv again soon so no excuses for not being able to afford renting it out...

I like this one. Mostly for the colours, I decided to tone down the skin tones after what I did to 'Broken Jaw' and it was definitely for the best. The cross-hatching looks really good here too. I'm sorry guys, I forgot to photograph that stage before I added the watercolour, or else I could have put a simple black and white drawing up too. Oh well. And yeah, she looks like Kate Bush. But both girls were from the 80s so whatever. I'm not going to cry about it.

See you next week for Hugh Laurie aka House... my first normal looking subject in a while. Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment