Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mullet



I found this picture while I was googling haircuts. Had to draw it...





First I did a rough outline with greylead pencil, then went over it with my black quill and ink. After it had dried I coloured it in with watercolour pencils and then wet it and blended the colours with water. I had to do this a couple of times before photographing it and dropping it in photoshop to fix up the colours. I also drew him too thin, so I made his face wider and fattened up his neck to make a bit more chubby. I added a texture to the hair to make it look more spiky, and put a light pink background to warm up the skin and a dull green wall background to match the photograph.

And tada! Mullet boy is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shai...good job! the right cheek(originally the left) looks a bit different may b coz of the line u drew from the nose....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashish! Thankyou, I think I might have drawn it in pencil and then it didn't rub out properly and left a mark. Hmm... oh well.

    ReplyDelete